CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Truckee on Easter Weekend


We were lucky to spend this Easter at an awesome cabin in Truckee this year. Tahoe is a favorite place of mine and Troys and we hadn't been there with the kids yet. We got in some great first time sledding runs. I started small when it was my watch with the kids and then Troy has to take it up a notch and build some Olympic style bob sled course.


Sledding happens to be Gavin and Colby's new favorite thing to do. Colby calls it, "Wedding".
He will learn with time there is a big difference.

Mazzy did her part on the trip mostly sleeping eating and doing her dirty jobs. She was good as gold and we have decided to keep her for sure.



The kids had a lot of fun making snow balls with the resident snow ball making tools.

Gavin would throw them like a baseball/bomb and hit the trees.

Colby just enjoyed dropping them on the cement and watching them splat and then asking mommy to help him make more.

We made a trip to Boomtown to check out the Cabellas. The boys loved the indoor shooting range and were pretty upset when the store closed and we had to leave around 9:00pm.



There is a cool dam in Tahoe city where the Truckee river begins. It is a gathering place for Brown Trout, Rainbow and Salmon. Troy and I first visited together when we were dating. I had no idea that flyfishing was to become one of his future priorities. He informed me on this trip that it is number 3 on his list of most important things in his life. The first two in case anyone was wondering are God and family. But fishing is number 3. It could be worse I guess:) Anyway the kids had a great time watching and buying fish food pellets for the fish at the dam. Gavin follows in his fathers footsteps and has talked about fishing at least once a day since he was 3.



Troy and I made the trek to the top of the hill behind the cabin seperately because the kids would not have made it this year. The view was incredible and just made us each grateful to be alive and have the experiences that we are having.

On Easter Morning we met Ladd and his family at the Chapel in Kings Beach for Sacrament. Warner was so cute, he told me after Sacrament meeting that he didn't have a girl in his family and would it be o.k. if he took Mazzy home. It kinda took me off guard at first he was so sincere. All I could say was, "No because I really like her too." We miss the Ladd and Jenny family!

8 comments:

Leisa Waldron said...

How fun! Your kids look adorable! (like always). I love the snoball makers!!!

Julie said...

looks like you guys are having way too much fun these days.

Mandi said...

Okay...like why didn't you tell me you had a blog!? That picture of the sledding in the air is classic! Who knew truckee could be such a good Easter location!?

April said...

Hey I miss you! I just ran across your blog from I don't even remember now, anyhow I love it! I hadn't seen pics of mazzy! So cute! We might be coming up to San Ramon for my cousins sons bday so...hopefully we can meet up! I was bummed I wasn't in pacific grove, and leisa came with you too! Next time, p.s. your hair is getting long!

Train Gang said...

I Miss you guys!!!! I get jealous when family groups get together! that looks like it was a blast. I love GAvin's top 3's. sounds like he's got his life in order! I'm curious to know his top 5 now.

Mom of Four said...

Hi Loralee -- I'm pretty sure you remember me. We run into each other at birthday parties and park days from time to time. :) Very cute blog and don't check out mine b/c it's never up to date. oh well. :)

Elena said...

Awesome! It sounds like you guys had a great Easter. Sledding in Tahoe, eh? That sounds like a killer getaway. Beautiful photos!!!

Rach said...

Yea! I found you, we really do need to get together sometime. Your kids are getting so big. They are all so cute.