CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Colby's 4th Birthday!



These are some pictures from Colby's 4th Birthday party. We are lucky to live close to Grandma and Grandpa Boyer who supply the fun pool and backyard. It was a total success for the most part. We just had a hard time getting Colby to enjoy the moment. Before the party started he was asking if he could blow out his candles. As soon as the party started he began asking when we were going to celebrate his birthday. I told him, "We are, this is it!" He said, "No I mean my BIRTHDAY!". Translation=Cake, Ice Cream and presents? So we kinda did everything quickly so kids and adults could swim and enjoy the blazing hot afternoon. Then Colby went missing in action. Everyone was having a great time playing, swimming and socializing but Colby was nowhere to be found. I found him inside happy as a clam 'organizing' all his loot.

He is a funny kid and kinda avoids large groups of people. I totally relate and so I just let him be. So here are some pictures of people at Colby's party with Colby pretty much MISSING.



I love this picture of Kadie Waldron!

Gavin loves Ben's underwater camera!

The Ben, Barbie/Carter and Hailey show!

Little Laney Monkey!

Mary-Bailey and Brooklyn Drysdale.


Gavin, Jack and Shepard had diving contests.


Gavin and Kadie Waldron have a special bond!
A BIG THANKYOU to everyone who came and made the party so fun!

This is Colby 4 years ago!
I can't believe that my little Colby is 4 years old. It's funny, with some kids you look back at baby pictures and think, WOW my kid was not as cute as I thought he was. Colby's baby pictures have the absolute opposite affect on me.
(This is a picture of Colby at 11 months old in Yosemite with Troy!)

I keep thinking, "How have I taken this kid for granted for so long?".
(This one is Colby about 6 months sleeping when we lived at Glenn and Merrily's)

Colby has a gift for endearing himself to people. He has a rough honesty that can be infuriating, needs constant encouragement and assurance, has sweet but forceful demands for hot milk and his clear blue eyes (a little bloodshot if he has been crying) are constantly pleading for a hug or a quick arm around the shoulder from Gavin. I feel like I have a priviledged insight into the heart and soul of this little boy because our personalities are so similar. I get Colby. I understand his frustrations, logic and where his allegiance lies. Therein lies some of the danger of being his parent. I tend to side with him. I am nervous for what the future hold for our relationship. I am grateful that we are such close friends now. He needs me and loves me and he has no idea how much I reciprocate those feelings and needs. I love you little buddy! Happy Birthday!

0 comments: