CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Laboring in Monterey!

We were lucky to spend Labor Day in Monterey this year! A Big bonus for me to have a long weekend. I now have to worry about how we are going to keep vacationing with Kindergarten in the mix. Or which weeks are less important than others. I didn't feel like I should take Gavin out the first week of school. (Only to find out after we got home that one of Gavin's classmates was in Monterey the same time and stayed when we came home....I'll keep that one in the 'bank'.)

A big THANK YOU to Nanna and Poppy for making this possible throughout the year!

I wasn't too happy about Troy jumping around the rocks with all three kids but it was a photo opportunity.

This is one of my favorite shots of the boys. It is a perfect illustration of their relationship. Colby absolutely adores Gavin and wants to be just like him. Gavin is a little more standoffish but puts up with Colby's affections because he knows if he doesn't the beast comes out of 'Mom'.

Troy couldn't resist a photo op of Gavin chillin in his sleep!

Father/Daughter moment!

We met up with the Dean family who were visiting April's family. It is always fun to catch up with them and their cute kids. I wish they still lived close. Gavin and Ellie look like they could be related.

2 comments:

April said...

ok we need to keep Gavin and Ellie in touch for sure for future...if you know what I mean! ha ha. Also, ok I totally feel like I know your mother in law. Ask her if she knows Mary Lois and Jack Wheatley?! Let me know what she says, Thanks

Leisa Waldron said...

So fun! Whenever I think of Monterey, I think of you Loralee! I wish you still lived here too April!