CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

I have a 6 year old!

I feel way to young to have a 6 year old. Gavin turned 6 on December 4. I am not sure how I feel about that. He is everything a mother could want in an oldest child, clean, polite, basically responsible, a know it all, and maybe a little too sensitive, pretty much perfect for me. So why is it frustrating on more than one level when they get older? A.) I don't feel older so why should he be getting older. B.) I don't want him to grow up. Ever! C.) He already started Kindergarten this year isn't that painful enough?
D.) I fear teenage years more than anything else I can think of and he is half way there. The list could go on and on!

Anyhow Gavin's favorite movie is Eragon. It has been Eragon since he was 3. So naturally he wanted an Eragon Birthday Party. There is a lot of Dinosaur stuff out there but not much Dragon affiliated. At least not that I found. I did find some great ideas on the internet from a Birthday party that a mom threw in Texas in 2005. Sometimes I love the Web. So we had an Eragon party at a local park with a bunch of buddies and I am so glad that ship has sailed. I think it was pretty fun at least for Gavin. Here are some highlights.

He was pretty proud!

Colby did not like the idea of a party that did not focus on him but we did catch one happy moment!

Gavin told me the morning of that his cake was BEAUTIFUL. I couldn't ask for more than that seriously!

Let the games begin!

Hailey is just not that ferocious.

Laney on the other hand, she could take that dragon!

By the looks of it...Mazzy did!

Wait...No Amy took the Dragon Foot on! This was one of the highlights of the day!



HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY GAVIN!!! WE LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Ron the B said...

Loralee, you and Troy are doing a wonderful job as parents!

You are correct, Gavin is an awesome young man! So is Colby and Mazzie is so very cute.

A lot of the credit has to go to the Mom!

We love you and your family.

The Party look incredible, I wish I could have been there!

Dad (or Grandpa)

Mom of Four said...

Very cute! Sadly, I haven't even heard of Eragon, so I'll have to check it out for my boys.

By the way, thank you so much for watching Isaac the other day. He seemed in good hands as you took a very 'attached' baby from his mama. :)

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! It is so heart wrenching to see these kids get older. I just want to freeze time. I agree with Gavin- the cake is gorgeous

Leisa Waldron said...

Great party, and your cakes are ALWAYS amazing. We love Gavin and are proud of him being 6 too!