CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Long Monterey Weekend!


Not a cloud in the sky from Friday-Monday! Possibly the most beautiful weekend ever in Monterey. What a treat for our Denver, Colorado extensions who made it out for the weekend. Scott, Danielle, Dane and Amanda MacDonald traded 15 degree weather for sunshine, sandy beaches, blue skies and mid 60's to mid 70's in Monterey. Good trade off especially for the end of January beginning of February.

It always amazes me how kids don't feel the cold. By the end of this beach trip Mazzy was stripped down to her diaper and the happiest clam of all splashing in the freezing cold Pacific at 4:30 pm. Both Gavin and Colby were whining and crying about being cold and itchy and Mazzy couldn't have been more content!

We got a few cool sunset pictures. We are far from good photographers so some shots looked better in theory.

We tried something new this trip the Surrey Bikes. Super fun not very fast and not the best turning radius...Super fun. We biked out to the end of one of the Piers and actually saw a baby humpback whale breach right off the pier. I was in shock hence no pictures. I couldn't pry myself away from the event to document it with photos, but AWESOME!
Pacific Grove is famous for it's Monarch Butterflies and January is the best time to see them. We walked down the Butterfly Sanctuary with the kids and saw hundreds of Butterflies flying around the tree tops.

Butterfly Extracurricular Activities.

Gavin and Amanda were instant friends.

Daddy/daughter shot!

Still Newly Weds after 4 years!

It is so nice to pick up right where you left off! I love Dani! Till next time sista!

6 comments:

Mandi said...

isn't it a dream!? did you see my 5 million posts from our weekend two weeks ago!? love that place! cute to see your family doing the same things that we do!

Leisa Waldron said...

What a fun time! I love the brothers shot with Gavin and Colby. And I bet the whale was so cool. And the bikes...and the butterflies. Awesome!

April said...

Wish I was there, we will be there this weekend for Valentines! The weather will not be like it was when you were there. The weather was nice here too, but we weren't at the beach! Cute pics, yeah I guess I grew up in a pretty cool place. I miss you!!!!!

April said...

Wish I was there, we will be there this weekend for Valentines! The weather will not be like it was when you were there. The weather was nice here too, but we weren't at the beach! Cute pics, yeah I guess I grew up in a pretty cool place. I miss you!!!!!

Train Gang said...

ok Promise we will repeat all the fun at Christmas when we go to Monterey??!!!

Mazzy's hair is longer than Venice's!!! We all adore her strawberry top.

Boyer Family said...

what a great weekend. We wish we were closer so that we could enjoy those beautiful kids more often.