CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Solo Trip To Utah!

Troy was generous this weekend and I got to fly to Utah to see my Grandma, Aunt and Cousins for a few days. It was so weird and great to be solo. Thursday night my Grandma met me at the airport with my cousin Diane. My grandma is 94 and had no idea I was coming. It was the best! She was so excited and had to touch my face over and over again. She is so sweet and seems really great.

Friday morning I went on a brisk 6 1/2 mile walk with my Aunt Ann and cousin Diane. I found out one of my Aunt's lifelong goals is to always be able to out walk me. That is one she will no doubt achieve. After walking I had lunch with Diane and relaxed for a couple of hours. I was able to tag along to a wedding dress shopping extravaganza for my newly engaged cousin, Sara and got the photo of the year. Sara was having a difficult time picking between two dresses. So she called her fiance to come and help. He really needed to see the two dresses side by side and so my aunt was nominated to try on the other dress. It was AWESOME!

This picture is no longer available!

Friday night we went to Cafe Rio with Callie, Andrew, Sara, Scott, Grandma, Laura, Ann and I. It was delicious and really fun.
Saturday I went skiing for the first time in 15 years. I have been snow boarding but not skiing since I was a Senior in High school.

After we got to Alta my aunt realized that she left her pass at home and left me skiing while she went home to get it. At first I was pretty freaked out not having been skiing forever. Afterward I was so glad I got a few runs in before she came back. It was a perfect day and even though I suck, I am so glad I did it! I met one of my dear friends Becca Jean for lunch and meant to get a picture but was a little tired. Saturday night my aunt made dinner for anyone who could come and we just hung out.

It was a short but awesome trip!

I love you Troy!

6 comments:

Mandi said...

you had me at cafe rio!

stee said...

Loralee I think that is the end!!!!!

Lance and Becky said...

Im so glad you had such a great time!

Boyer Family said...

I want to see the photo. What a great weekend enjoying each other. I am glad you were able to enjoy so much of such great people.How kind of Troy.

Boyer Family said...

I want to see the photo. What a great weekend enjoying each other. I am glad you were able to enjoy so much of such great people.

Leisa Waldron said...

You make a HOT snow bunny!