CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 9, 2008

+'s and -'s of Motherhood

This is more for me than anyone else.

NEGATIVES (-)

-waking up at all hours of the night
-poopy diapers
-diarrhea
-vomit
-fighting children
-me yelling at my kids and husband
-me mad and frustrated over something insignificant
-ouchies
-hurt feelings
-mean siblings and other kids
-dirty laundry after I just folded the last batch
-tired
-any form of shopping with the kids
-missing a valuable teaching moment
-tired, cranky, attitudes (mine and theirs)
-taking family pictures
-being pregnant
-feeling guilty
-getting a babysitter
-packing or unpacking from trips
-illnesses
-bad words
-road trips

POSITIVES (+)

-their smiles
-Colby's, "I really love you, Mommy"
-hugs
-stories
-having babies
-nap time
-learning moments
-siblings playing happily
-Gavin and Colby making up words to Primary songs
-Mazzy's coos
-Bandaids
-Troy teaching the boys to fish
-Mazzy sleeping through the night
-Gavin making his own breakfast and lunch
-Colby kissing Mazzy on the head and saying, "I really love you, Mazzy."
-bath time
-going to parks
-Troy saying, "I could never do what you do, Lee."
-fleeting moments when the apartment is clean and laundry is done
-bedtime kisses and cuddles
-Colby saying, "Mommy will you please sleep with me?"
-Gavin saying, "One more thing, wait, one more thing."
-Colby's eyes
-Mazzy's smiles
-Gavin's goodness
-Mazzy's flapping arms
-Colby's confidence
-Gavin's quizzical brow
-Mommy Pleases and Mommy Thankyou's
-outings
-Troy looking at Mazzy sadly like if he blinks she will be a woman
-shopping for my kids
-looking at family pictures
-Gavin's long explanations
-Colby's determination
-working at Pre-school
-Mazzy after a nap
-Primary
-Holidays
-Vacations
-Gavin and Colby Prayers
-All the LOVES!

I didn't realize that I would come up with so many more (+'s) over (-'s). It is always good to reflect on why we do what we do! I am grateful for all the moms out there! Especially my own. I am so glad that my Heavenly Father gave me a chance to be a mother. There is nothing that I would rather do than take care of Gavin, Colby, Mazzy (and Troy of course). They are the best things that ever happened to me and I take them for granted every day. May I do better in the future!

4 comments:

Mandi said...

I love it! I can relate to everyone of those. I have one question, does this mean that you've actually come to folding the last batch of laundry? I thought that never really happened... like chasing a rainbow! You made me laugh with your pros and cons. Isn't motherhood such a combo of both?

Jen said...

Amen- I always have more laundry. That is Loralee though. She just gets it done. I have a mental block. I never quite finish all the housework. I think secretly I am self sabataging. I love that you added the cons. There are so many pros but they are sweeter because of the cons.

Mom of Four said...

Great post! I can definitely relate. I think it's great you listed them all out.

Unknown said...

okay, how did I not know about your bloggie?? I'm so happy to find it and be able to catch up here and there!

Happy happy mother's day. Your littles are so adorable.

love you, friend,
B