CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"See what happens when I am angry at you!"


I almost took a picture of the final product but I thought it might encourage the behavior. I have pretty much recovered from the incident but thought I would write it down for posterity, and so I could laugh when Colby has his own kids.

Explanation:

Last Friday Troy came home from work and everything was relatively normal, Colby and Gavin were playing/fighting and Mazzy was entertaining herself with a plastic bowl. Troy gets on the phone with his brother Ladd and they are catching up. In the midst of Troy talking and me doing whatever, Colby asks for a 'sippy cup of hot milk'. Troy tells me to get him a cup of powdered milk jokingly and Colby takes it a little too serious, "I don't want a cup of powdered milk, STUPID mommy". I could not believe that he (A)-knew what powdered milk was and (B)-that he called me STUPID. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said, "Colby, we do not say STUPID, especially not to mommy." "Not unless you like the taste of soap." I thought he got the picture but shortly after Troy got off the phone and I don't know what the reason Colby said something that ended in,"Stupid Daddy". Troy picked him up and put a miniscule amount of soap in his mouth. Colby came out of the bathroom laughing and decided to spit. Well I am definitely the mean one and informed Troy that he obviously did not give Colby enough soap. So I took Colby into the bathroom, put a reasonable amount in his mouth, told him to wash it out and then I left the bathroom. At first he cried for me to come back in. Then it got quiet for a while. I felt bad so I went back in there to help him wash his mouth out with water. I should have known when he was so willing to cooperate and wash his mouth out that something was amiss. After we were done at the sink, he hoped off his foot stool and showed me his 'special puddle' on the floor, "See what happens when I am angry at you!". I couldn't believe it, he had gotten so mad that he had peed through his clothes and on the floor to prove his point. I made him strip down immediately and take a bath. I was so mad, but I couldn't help thinking that was maybe something that I might do if I didn't have any other weapons to get my own point across.

5 comments:

Leisa Waldron said...

That is so funny Loralee! Poor Colby...that is a story for embarassment later on.

Mandi said...

Oh i'm so glad I'm not the only one who wants to bring cruelty back to parenting! i secretly can't wait for the day william says something bad enough to get the soap. I'm thinking I'll try the foam soap? The question is...did he stop calling daddy stupid?

The Ahumadas said...

Now I don't feel so bad about our little meltdown in the preschool parking lot that you were so privileged to see.

Lance and Becky said...

I thought I would see how you guys were doing... I am so glad I did!! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard (easy to say, it didn't happen to me)...Tell your kids Aunt Becky loves and misses them!

Whit said...

I am laughing out loud. Gotta love the passionate children.