CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Kindergarten!


My friend Amy called me this morning at 8:45 am to find out where I was at Gavin's new school. "I am at home" was my reply. "You didn't stay for the PTA Coffee on the Green?" she was shocked. "I didn't even take him to school", I said. Silence on the other end of the phone. "Well I couldn't take enough photos or video footage of Zack," was the answer. So it is official, I am a neglectful mom on the very first day of school for my very first kid. Oh well Troy went and got a few cute shots of Gavin. When I picked him up, the first thing out of Gavin's mouth was, "I can't wait for tomorrow". Well that makes one of us buddy.
Colby had a little bit of a rude awakening this morning without his big brother/best friend around. He kept asking me, "Where is Gavin, Mommy?". It kinda added insult to my injury. When Gavin walked through the Kindergarten door Colby ran up to him and hugged him like he would never get another chance. Gavin was kinda pushing him away because he wanted to tell me all about his great day. I will be looking for quality Colby activities this year for sure! Happy Kindergarten!

Gavin the first kid on the playground

3 comments:

Rach said...

He is SOOOO cute. He looks like a little Troy on the playground! Don't feel like you're being neglectful, you're just fostering independence! I love it.

Leisa Waldron said...

Big boy! And so cute. Please tell him to stay away from the little girls in Kindergarten. I would like to keep him as the main option for Kadie when they are older. (wink)

Train Gang said...

That breaks my heart for Colby. He is such a heart melter. But so happy that Gavin loved school. I knew he would. that smile is pure joy.