CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Kinder Pumpkin Patch Day!

What a cute class!

Another trip to the pumpkin patch. This time in Clayton/Concord. It was a long drive for a Kindergarten Class field trip but a lot of fun. Sad that I couldn't bring my other kids on this one. Fun that it was a Gavin/Mommy date. I forget the name of the Pumpkin Patch/Farm but it was a pretty intense education for 5 year olds and they loved it. They talked about growing pumpkins, photosynthesis, 12 different types of Gords, crop sharing techniques, the importance of pollenating and our dwindling bee population, different types of cows and the milk they produce, and ways that we can mulch, recycle and save the planet. Like I said, INTENSE. The kids seemed to enjoy it and added any information they felt was left out. It was a little warm for my taste. Injury wise it was a success in that the only injury was a bloody nose in one of the pitch black hay mazes.

This is one of Gavin's dearest friends in his class. He and Julia are quite the pair. They hug before class, after class and at the cars when we leave. She is a sweet heart. I think it got so bad in class that Gavin had to switch tables. They use to sit next to each other. Now they get to communicate in sign language across the room. (Gavin is teaching me new words in sign language every day)

I loved the beautiful sunflowers and couldn't resist a shot!

Gavin got a little frustrated trying to milk his Jersey Cow. She just wasn't producing.

The Bean Pit!

Ever the anxious volunteer.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Wow! that is an impressive field trip. I love your new header, your family is so cute and Mazzy looks so big. I love it. Hope to see you soon.

AnnieB said...

ditto on last night! That was sooo much fun having you there! It is so much better having a friend at those functions--we could eat our heads off, laugh at the acrobats, drink water and not get funny looks, and best of all...no small talk and trying to look interested! I would've been stuck with Lola telling me how unhealthy I am and how my children are going to die from eating meat!
Thank goodness for you! Enjoy your Nano! Yay! Now you can hook it up to your speakers from last year's party!